Toss the oats, coconut, almonds, and cherries together in a large bowl. Pour the vegetable oil and honey over the oat mixture. Add the cinnamon, and stir with a wooden spoon until all the oats and nuts are coated with the liquids. Pour onto a sheet pan. Bake, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the mixture turns a nice, even golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Store the cooled granola in an airtight container.
The culmination of all of my hard work at the office was Tuesday, and it was an enormous success. Now I find myself sleepy, worn out and needing to do a TON of Christmas shopping. Life has been eventful, and it's beed great and uplifting to come home each day to a new ornament:
But, what I'm currently in the market for are lanterns. I'm trying to add a little spice and twinkle to our living room, and I'm thinking of hanging a number of different lanterns, at varying heights over the TV/ entertainment corner (a la West Elm).
We picked her about about three hours ago in the Poconos (about a three hour drive from Philly). She's a bearded collie, and she's just eight weeks old. She was one of nine, so she was a little scared coming into our house today, but she's quickly adapting! I'm in love already!!
(Forgive my frizz and paleness, but my sweater's cute, right? My husband bought it for me yesterday!)
Philly/Jersey/NYC gals, listen up! My make-up and hair artist for my wedding - Daneene Smith - was fantastic, and I want to all to know about her. Her prices were great, she was super fun and chill to work with, and boy is she skilled! Check out her website and see for yourself! Here are a few of my shots (sorry they are small! I'm working on getting some larger images.)
This is my first Internet tagging, and I am more than happy to play along. I was tagged by a new fabulous discovery Elizabeth Ann Designs. Check it out!
The rules of tagging are as follows: 1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. (see above!) 2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself. 3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. 4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
And now for the "sharing":
1. I'm an awful singer. I actually used to be quite good ... star of the high school musicals, member of the elite madrigals, sang at the Kennedy Center, etc. But, I got mono from my high school sweetheart, got VERY sick and had a serious (awful, disgusting) throat infection which permanently damaged my vocal cords. No joke! So, in my head I can still sing, but unfortunately for all of those around me, that is not reality.
2. I love olive juice. Really. With or without accompanying olives or alcohol.
3. In college I started a radio show called "Eve Outloud" which exclusively played women's music. The show is - 6 years later - still on the air. As a result, I am completely obsessed with female artists: Ani Difranco, Deb Talan, Feist, Cyndi Lauper, Imogen Heap, you name it! My wealth of knowledge in this area is staggering. (And nauseating to many!)
4. I just had to retire "Big V" - my beautiful black volvo sedan. She had 300,000 miles on her (almost!). I couldn't bring myself to go to the car shop with my husband for fear I would cry. We are now a one car family (but we're getting a dog!...cause THAT makes a lot of sense.)
5. Every year, Santa put our Christmas Tree up for us as a surprise after we'd gone to sleep on Christmas Eve. When we'd come down the next morning we were not only thrilled to see the pile of presents, but the tree was a surprise each year as well! I definitely plan on doing this for my children, and appreciate the many sleepless nights my parents had as a result of this tradition.
6. I have two framed pictures of Martha Stewart on my desk now. It's a sick obsession.
7. I love to bake and the only reason I'm not a pastry chef is because my mother told me as a child that I would just continue to get fat, and I've had a weight complex ever since. Ah, childhood neurosis.
Now it's my turn to tag ... I hope you all haven't been hit by this bug before!
I'll post more about this soon, but as of next week we'll have a new addition to our family! We're still mulling over names, but here's a sneak peak of the little pup. I'm off now to craft some Christmas ornaments for my swamp after a day of painting non stop in preparation for the little one!