Saturday, March 22, 2008

A little Easter baking

I'm hosting Easter for the first time - just a few friends, my parents, and four dogs - and I was craving something decadent for dessert.

So .... chocolate cupcakes filled with peanut butter cream seemed sufficiently over the top.

I made a few of them to look like little birds nests, but since I was improvising, I didn't quite have enough sprinkles to go around, so the remaining ones just got haphazardly decorated.

The filling is WAY rich, but oh so good.


Peanut Butter Filling
4 ounces or 1/2 package of Philly cream cheese
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk

I got the best tool for Christmas, which made filling these babies REALLY easy:

Mechanical Pastry Bag from Williams Sonoma ($25).

No comments: