Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Wedding Part I

You may remember a few weeks back I posted an incredible invitation that I received in the mail. The two friends getting married are both architects, with very modern sensibilities, and they chose the unique wedding colors of burnt orange and charcoal gray.

Well, their wedding was this weekend in the Adirondacks (an 8 hours drive for us!), and though it rained/poured on the trip up and back, the wedding day was shining and filled with a rainbow of fall colors.

I will post a full post shortly with all of the wedding details, but one I thought I'd highlight now were their cocktail table decorations: dried slices of blood oranges. The bride purchased a bag of oranges last season, sliced and set them out to dry on cookie sheets. Such a simple and beautiful idea! Don't they look great?

No comments: