Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Friendster

So, funny little story that I don't think I've ever posted about before. My husband and I met on Friendster, which some of you may remember as the precursor to Facebook and MySpace. Hubs was studying for law school and was in the library late at night. When he signed online there was a picture of a little baby in the "Living Locally" section (which randomly pulls three photographs of people living near your zip code. He clicked on the photo, thinking "Who the hell puts their baby picture up?" And ... voila! It was me:

LONG story short, after some prodding from a friend (thank you, Miriam), I wrote him back. We started e-mailing back and forth daily for about two weeks, talked on the phone for one week, and we had our first date (after law school finals) on December 22, 2006. Ten months later we were engaged, and we've now been married for, hmmmm, NINE months! Holy smoke!

I was reminiscing today and signed onto Friendster. It's been a while. I chuckled when I read my "About me" description. Pretty spot on:

About Me:
My friends call me "the shrimp heiress". I'm pretty sure it's 45% of why my boyfriend is crazy about me. Uhm, I tend to exagerate a little, and I love telling stories! I'm a big fan of feeding animals on the side of the road (i.e. in farm yards) and my favorite smell is skunk. I think you can learn a lot about a person by forcing them to ennumerate their top 5 fave foods. I talk to my parents every day, but mostly just to put my own insanity into perspective. I'm crazy, silly in love with someone who is pretty normal and OCD. I think I bring out a wicked good side of him. I like lists ... making them and then checking things off of them. My goal for the next year is to get organized so my bo stresses less about the status of my affairs. I don't know where I would be without spell check (clearly, I did not spell check this paragraph.) I am the queen bee entertainer. I strive to be Martha Stewart. So much for the nose piercing. That lasted 5.5 months. Lame-Emily. I would do anything - abso-freakin-lutely anything - for the people I love. Top on the list: Mark, my rents, my girls, my bro ... I would be no where without them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? I love your description. Let's go get drinks. haha