Friday, May 2, 2008

Surgery day

Winifred is at the vet's today getting spayed. If I'm this worried about the pup, what am I going to be like when I'm a mum? Hubs is taking very good care of her, and even put a soft down blanket in the car for the ride home. It will be a quiet weekend just resting and making sure she doesn't proudly pull those damn stiches out!

Here she is trying out her new do:


Update: She faired well, but she is now seriously obsessed with her hot pink stitches ... Like mommy like puppy!! We have a great pick of her in her Elizabethan cone that I'll post shortly!

5 comments:

Darci said...

I adore Winifred! Our puppy was pretty pathetic when she came home from her surgery, but they bounce back fast. I am sure she'll be fine, don't worry :)

Anonymous said...

That second picture is the cutest thing I have EVER seen!!!!

Good luck to your pup :)

Kim said...

Hi! I just found your blog and I love it...I wanted to say that we just got our puppy spayed and it was more traumatic for me than for her!! But she did pull out every single one of her stitches!! So we had to get her a cone, which she HATED. Good luck! She's such a cutie!!!

Teal Chic said...

This reminds me...a few months ago I took Lucy to be spayed. She was so upset, when they were weighing her on the scale, she wouldn't stand unless I was up there with her, and when they had to take her down the hall, she turned around and was staring at me. I don't think I've ever felt so guilty in my life! All in all, I'm glad she had it done, but at the time it broke my heart!!!!

Chere Amie said...

AWW, it's heartbreaking isn't it? She has since gotten her stitches out and is loving life again, but those 10 days were not so much fun!