Thursday, May 22, 2008

I have a funny story

Sooo... I don't usually post such personal things on my blog, but I simply can't resist with this one. I've been getting a ton of laughs out of it, so I thought, why not!?

Two weeks ago I went to a new doctor's for my annual check up. I warned the doctor that I had gotten married last summer and had worked very hard to loose 20 lbs. Getting on that scale is usually the most dreaded task, but this was exceptionally bad because I fear I'd gained about 15 lbs. back. I warned her. And then I stepped on the scale.

BOOIINNGGG!!!

It was worse than expected. My mind started racing to the beers and burgers I'd had the night before with my husband and then the lazy night we spent watching movies and playing with our pup.

My doctor's response: "Oh, no, no. This is not good. I think we need to check your thyroid. This type of weight gain is just simply not normal."

My response: "No. Really. I've just been a fatty. I'm married. I'm cozy. It's all good."

"Oh no," she said. "I insist. I think this is a thyroid issue."

She wouldn't listen to me.

A battery of blood tests later I get the results: No thyroid problem. My explanation was, in fact, truth. The hamburgers, fries, beers, lazy nights and comfort of being married caught up with me. My poor, poor doctor was almost apologetic when she called to tell me my test results were normal. I was hysterically laughing! I told you so! I'm just a fatty!!

Uhm, needless to say, my husband was not entirely amused with this story. He he.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a frigging riot. And NOT a fatty. But girl, I hear you. I got married last fall and - well, I guess it's been since Christmas, really - it's been a downhill spiral. Beers and burgers, absolutely...and throw in pizza and nachos. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot buffalo wings.

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you shared this! I had a similar experience with a nurse who asked if I had gained 10 pounds in the last year, and I said yes, and when she asked the cause, I told her it was because I got married...she looked at me like that WASN'T a real reason! It's totally a comfort thing!

Anonymous said...

I found out I have hypo too..I have always been skinny but now!
Love your blog!