Friday, February 8, 2008

Something blue

I was thinking on the way home this evening about my "something blue". My parents surprised me on the day of my wedding with "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue." It wasn't something I'd given much thought to, and I was so thrilled that they remembered. Each was as meaningful and special as the one before.

My something blue was a white gold and enamel ring from the famour Austrian company Frey Wille. My mother had given me a Frey Wille ring - brought back from her visit to Austria - when I was in high school. I loved the ring, wore it every day for years, and was devastated when is was stolen during college. When I opened the box and realized what is was, I completely lost it.

This is my ring:

And here are some others I love:



The company is comprised of a team of artists, experts of fine enameling, and goldsmiths. They choose the best materials to achieve perfection and long life. Inspiration for designs is taken from modern life, historic periods of art (ancient Egypt, Greece), or from the masterworks of famous artists (Claude Monet, Gustav Klimt, Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Alphonse Mucha).

Every piece is beautiful and unique, and I look forward to growing my collection.

No comments: